Friday, May 9, 2008

Challenge Day


I rarely do color challenges because they're too 'out there' for me. However, Kristina Werner's are always fabulous. I just have a hard time actually doing them 'on time.' The challenge this week was to use the following colors:

(Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Whisper White).

When I saw the colors, as well as the image, I immediately thought of the Summer Days Simply Scrappin' Kit and the coordinating stamps, Stitched Exotics and Stitched. So, here they are again! I also used Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I can't believe I actually got around to completing both challenges today. I'm usually horribly late.

Just a few things to note...the sentiment is embossed using Whisper White Craft ink, and there's a touch of Crystal Effects on the flower center (from the Simply Scrappin' kit). Also, the ribbon is tied in a different way than I usually tie it. The ribbon on the left side is actually under the oval. The ribbon on the right side is on top of it. Does that make sense? You can click on the image to look at it close-up. Other than those few little things, it's a pretty straight-forward card.

I'm barely getting this posted in time for consideration for her round-up, due to a busy day. I'm really trying to get my bedroom painted as quickly as possible. With three little ones, that's quite a challenge. Oh to have a full day to just get it done. Not gonna happen though, I'm afraid. I've been working hard at it all week and am 'paying myself' with a bit of stamping time here and there. Tomorrow morning I'll share a few quicky Mother's Day cards I made for my husband to take in to work today, so be sure to come back for them!

Happy Stampin'!


Card Recipe
Stamps: Stitched Exotics, Stitched, Enjoy Every Moment
Paper: Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Summer Days Simply Scrappin' Card Stock
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Whisper White Craft
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, White Embossing Powder, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Crystal Effects, Slot Punch, Dimensionals, Nestabilities

3 comments:

Tanja said...

I love your card! The composition is great!

beate said...

Great card! Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Deanna said...

Cute card!