Saturday, May 10, 2008

Quick Mother's Day Cards

It's nice to have 'go-to' sketches when my stamping time is short, but I need to make something. Such was the case on Thursday evening. My husband was in need of a few more Mother's Day cards to take in to work. I needed a simple sketch, but also one that could be 'dressed up' enough to make it look special. To do that, I used a variety of background stamps, used different colors, and slightly different sentiments. I also made quite a mess! I'll post the recipe for each card separately. I had a hard time getting the lighting 'just right' for these. One of these days I'm going to learn how to really adjust levels in Photoshop.


Card Recipe
Stamps: En Francais, Amazing to Zany, Wordsworth Alphabet
Paper: Barely Banana, So Saffron, Papertrey Stamper's Select
Ink: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: 7/8" and 1" Square Punches, Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, Daubers, Square Nestability, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals, Sheer Flower by Maya Road


Card Recipe
Stamps: Paisley, Absolutely Fabulous, Wordsworth Alphabet
Paper: Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Papertrey Stamper's Select
Ink: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: 1" Square Punch, Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, Square Nestability, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals, Sheer Flower by Maya Road


Card Recipe
Stamps: Stitched, Amazing to Zany, All Holidays
Paper: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Papertrey Stamper's Select
Ink: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Palette Canvas
Accessories: 1" Square Punch, Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, Square Nestability, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals, Sheer Flower by Maya Road

Well, there you have it! Three similar, yet different cards perfect for any mom. I hope you like them and that you have a perfect Mother's Day. After Church in the morning, I plan on getting a nice afternoon nap followed by a dinner I won't have to cook. What is your idea of a perfect Mother's Day? I'd love to know!


4 comments:

Tiya-B said...

i love all the cards, they are fantastic. They are so simple and so beautiful at the same time
thanks for sharing.

The Ullery Family said...

Wow- I haven't check out your blog for a while. I love them all. Katie, you have a gift. I am so glad your cards sold. Brian is smart to suggest it. You could totally do this for a living. :)

Jen said...

Hey! What a fun blog. Very, very cute cards! What a talent.

Katy said...

I know I'm way late in commenting but I just found your blog. These cards are amazing! All you creative folks are wearing down my resolve to only spend my precious craft dollars on SU!! But those embossed outlines....sigh!! :)